- 2012 November 18
A symposium entitled “Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Fukushima: Study of Radiation Influence based on Facts” was held at the Centre for Peace and Labor, Tokyo, from 10:30 to 17:00, organized by the Committee of Epidemiology, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, ACSIR.
- “Internal Radiation Exposure and Studies of Radiation Effects under the Control of Nuclear Policies” by SAWADA Shoji (President of ACSIR)
- “Views of Health Effects by Radiation: from Experiences of Minamata Disease Studies” by TAKAOKA Shigeru (Minamata Kyoritsu Hospital, Director of Neurology Rehabilitation Kyoritsu Clinic, member of ACSIR)
- “We cannot Permit even 10mSv/y: Evidence Data from Nuclear Plant Workers, Chernobyl, and Medical Exposures” by MATSUZAKI Michiyuki, Hokkaido Fukagawa City Hospital, Director of Internal Medicine, member of ACSIR)
- “Comparing the Mortality Rate by Radiation Effects Research Foundation with the Mean Values of Japanese Population” by WATANABE Tomoyuki (Aichi Gakuin University)
- Discussion “Principles of Radiation Protection, and Future Studies of Radiation Effects with a Focus on Internal Exposure”.